It is been more than a month that I wrote my last post about my struggle towards an argument for my thesis. Well, I still haven’t resolved the issue, but I am working on it.
This time I am doing one exercise proposed by Thesis Whisperer. I am presenting the topic of my research in different ways and I will see which way reflects best what my thesis is about.
- As a question: “How do EFL pre-service teachers learn to teach English?”
- As an exploration: EFL teacher education in Chile: a CHAT perspective
- As a statement:”Learning to be a teacher of English in a Chilean TEFL program”
- As an investigation: “EFL teacher education in Chile: Affordances and Constraints”
- As a hypothesis: “If learning to teach is a complex activity that goes beyond learning existing practices, it is more likely that learning to teach has to do with understanding problems in a specific context and how to respond to those problems “
- As a thesis: “learning to teach is a complex activity that needs examination not only to understand it, but to improve it “
So I have done the exercise, now what’s my thesis?